Tuesday, September 28, 2010

you've got to be kidding me...


It is a sad day in Albertville, France. On our walk home from the grocery store this evening I spotted a stinkbug - yes, you read it correctly - a stinkbug right there on the sidewalk, in broad daylight. They have no shame. I said to Kevin, "Oh I wish I had brought my camera along!" He looked at me like I was crazy, stepped on the stinkbug and kept walking. Then he said, "You can post a story on your blog about finding a stinkbug in France!" I said, "Nah. No picture, no story."
.
Well, guess what greeted me when I walked into my apartment? Another stinkbug! I cannot believe this. I actually left the US to get away from these horrible creatures (some of you thought that my leaving had something to do with missions, didn't you?) and now they are here too!? Now I keep looking over my shoulder thinking that a whole herd of them is going to attack me (and yes I'm pretty sure that 2 or more stinkbugs is called a herd...).
.
Well, now that these awful insects have found their way to France - there's only one thing for me to do....move to Africa. I hear they don't have awful creatures there.

1 comment:

~Babychaser~ said...

Well there you have it... we can't escape. The world is hopeless.

I know you had them bad last year, but this year they are bad everywhere. One day last week hubby went out to the car for lunch and found 50-100 of them on and IN our car. We're still finding them in there... dead and alive. I like the dead ones best myself... and I'm not a fan of having to be an adult about the whole thing and get them out while we're driving. Somehow my knight in shining armor isn't interested in getting out of the car in the rain to come get one off the window where I have to put the baby in the car. Apparently chivalry is dead after all! :)