Tuesday, September 7, 2010

letting the french phrases fly.....right by my head





Bonsoir! Je m'appelle Emily. Je suis Americaine. Je suis mariee avec Kevin. Je n'ai pas d'enfants. J'habite a Albertville. Je parle anglais. Je suis etudiant de francais. Yes, my friends, we are on day 2 and so far all I can tell is that all French sentences must begin with the letter J! (For that one out there who believed what I just wrote - and you know who you are - I'm only kidding.) Anyway, if nothing else I can introduce myself! Just don't ask me how old I am because, #1) that's rude and #2) I haven't learned my numbers yet.
.
As I told you in a previous post, Kevin is in a higher level than me and his entire class is taught in French and he comes home at the end of the day exhausted. Poor chap. I ask him what he learned or what the teacher talked about and his standard answer so far is, "I have no idea - what's for supper." From what I can tell, he is really enjoying himself! :)
.
Well, I've included a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure. We do not have school tomorrow but we'll get back to it on Thursday! Hope your day is going well! Au revoir!

1 comment:

~Babychaser~ said...

I can't tell you how fun it was to actually be able to read and understand all those sentences! I thought I'd forgotten all my 1 1/2 years of high school french... I guess not! Now... I'd never be able to make any of that up on my own, and if someone were saying it it would be too fast, but I can read it! :)

Good job!