I would like to introduce you to Monsieur Poivre and Madame Sel! Aren't they cute? I found them in the grocery store this evening and much to Kevin's dismay I chose them over the cardboard boxes of salt and pepper. In time, I'm sure he'll like them as much as I do. They're a happy addition to our kitchen table and they are my favorite purchase so far!
.
While we're on the subject of the grocery store I would like to pause here and give you a couple of tips. For those of you who have read my blog before, you remember how useful my tips can be, don't you? Yes, I thought you would.
.
Tip #1) Next time you go to the grocery store, don't just willy nilly leave your apartment and forget to take your shopping bags with you. If you do, you will simply have to go back to get your bags and as a result, you will miss the bus.
.
Tip #2) Once you are finally on the bus sit down as quickly as you can because the driver is apparently a Nascar fan and his super fast take off, while impressive, will cause you to fall in the aisle.
.
Tip #3) Once you are in the grocery store, do not attempt to push your cart through the exit only gate - an alarm will sound and many people will look in your direction.
.
Tip #4) When buying produce, do not simply take your items to the check out person at the end of your visit. If you do this the check out girl will stare blankly at you and begin a poorly timed game of charades while those in line behind you watch, unamused. She will then proceed to call another check out girl over who will join in the game of charades until you finally realize that you must weigh your produce back in the produce department, obtain a price sticker, bag your produce and then proceed to check out.
.
.
Tip #5) Read labels carefully or you will end up with SPICY ketchup that will burn your tonsils off and ice cream that contains bourbon.
.
I do trust these have been helpful to you. Oh, the other picture included on this post is a chocolate chip pastry of some sort that goes great with a cup of hot tea! Enjoy your day!
2 comments:
Hi Aunt Emy,
I have my shorts. They are shiny and blue.
Love, Tornado
Hey Em and Kev,
Will wanted to tell you about his shorts... I asked him what he wanted to say about your pictures and stories. Several times when I laughed out loud he asked me if it was funny (I was reading them out loud).
Just finally got to the blog and saw that you indeed have been faithful... and I have not! We (all three of us with info passed on to Daddy) will be checking in regularly. We were reading a book on the Amish this week and it mentioned Germany and France... to which Tornado informed me that they were in France like Aunt Emy and Uncle Kevin. Suffice it to say that we're thinking about you! We'll be sure to pray for you too!
Love, Babychaser
PS... I asked Sweet Pea what she wanted to say to you guys and she said something about her skirt. :)
Ehem...
"Hi Missa Emy! I got skirt...and my underwear is on. And I pottied in my skirt and... Hi Aunt Emy."
Ok... when I sent the other comment and then closed out, Sweet Pea threw a little fit! She didn't get to say hi. The above is what she had to say to you when I asked.
Post a Comment