Well, our cultural event for this weekend was the Mushroom Exhibition in Albertville! Our neighbors invited us to go and we're glad we did! I wasn't quite sure what to expect - this was my first mushroom exhibition, you know. It was tables of different kinds of mushrooms all from this region! There were blue ones, purple ones, red ones, orange ones, green ones, brown ones, fat ones, skinny ones....well, you get the picture. It's amazing that there are so many!
.
They all had little signs to tell you the name of the particular mushroom, etc. and the sign also told you if the mushroom was edible and good (Comestible), edible but bitter (A Rejeter), toxic (Toxique) or deadly (Mortel). I just stood there most of the time wondering what happened to the poor guy that figured out which ones were comestible and which ones were mortel!
.
After the mushroom exhibit we went to "Le Lotus Bleu" (The Blue Lotus) Chinese restaurant. It is a beautiful restaurant with wonderful food! I had 'poulet saute a l'ananas' avec riz natur. Again, my little French phrase is missing the proper accents over some of the letters but I don't know how to type the accents. Kevin had a fish dish avec pommes frites. Leave it up to Kev to order french fries at a nice Chinese restaurant. Whatever floats your boat, right? Anyway, we had a great day!
1 comment:
Lab rats??? Or a long line of fools.
Post a Comment