Sunday, September 19, 2010

(post 4 of 4) happy anniversary to france and savoy!





And now....the highlight of my day was seeing these opera singers come down the street in FULL costume! There was a choir on the steps of the chateau singing and the opera singers sang as well. Best we can figure, the blue lady represents France (pre 1860) and the red lady represents Savoy (which used to be part of Italy, I think - but don't quote me on that...I need to google it). The choir would sing and then shout things back and forth and the opera ladies would sing and act mad at each other and then at some point during the song they started acting nice to one another and I think that's when Savoy joined France.
.
So, there you have it. That was our day yesterday. Happy Anniversary to France and the Savoy region! 150 years together! And they said it would never last.....
.
Enjoy a sample of the choir!
.

No comments: