Sunday, September 26, 2010

a nice morning...

We had a great time at church this morning! It is wonderful to be with other believers even if you can't really understand what they are saying to you! :) Actually, the folks at the church are used to the CEF students attending so they really do try to speak slower when they are talking to us.
.
The singing is beautiful and it's great when they sing songs that we know in English because then as we're singing in French we know what we are saying! We have the Lord's supper every Sunday and it is a really neat time. It's also done in true French style as they simply pass a baguette around and everyone tears off a little piece!
.
One thing about the church is that the people are so friendly! So friendly, in fact, that I got my first French kiss from a man at church this morning. Wait. That didn't come out exactly right.....I should have said I got my first French 'style' kiss. Hold on. That's not much better. What I mean is that they greet each other here by "kissing" once on each cheek. The man kissed Kevin first so I got to see 'how NOT to do it' as Kevin headbutted the man because he went the wrong way! Yeah, we're still laughing about that one.
.
Anyway, we really enjoy the church here and seriously, it is great to all be together on Sundays to worship the Lord! This afternoon, one of the guys from the church is coming to the school to give a talk on French culture, the state of the church in France, etc.
.
Maybe he'll also give kissing lessons so that Kevin won't go around knocking people out.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You always make me laugh! French kissing at church! Wow!...that took me right back to our hysterical conversation at Neato! :)