The highlight of Kevin's day yesterday was the roundhouse at the train station in Chambery. I thought we were going to a train museum but it was actually the "workshop" for that station. Don't let the word "workshop" fool you. It was nothing like Santa's workshop - though I did see one really short person who could have passed for an elf. Anyway, there were a lot of big train engines that you could climb on and go inside and there were railroad workers who were eager to tell you about the engines, etc.
.
.
My favorite part of the train exhibit was the little miniature trains they were running outside for the kids (and Kevin, apparently). We stood out there watching those trains go around the same building over and over again. At one point I was standing rather close to the little train track when the red train came by and derailed! It made such a loud noise! I happened to be videoing right when it happened and Kevin came rushing over to me saying, "Did you get that on video?!" He was thrilled to learn that yes, in fact, I did.
.
Another one of my favorite parts about the train thing was the little green steam engine. I guess I forgot that steam engines run on coal but I nearly cracked up laughing when I saw that grown man sitting on that little train using a little tiny shovel to scoop little bitty pieces of coal out of a little teeny tender (that's train talk for those of you who don't know what a 'tender' is) and then open the wee little door and put the coal into the itsy bitsy firebox! Hysterical, if I may say so myself.
.
Anyway, a good time was had by all - and yes they did get the little red engine back onto the track.
No comments:
Post a Comment