This weekend there is a national cultural celebration taking place here in France. We certainly do not understand all that this occasion entails but one thing we do understand....all of the museums in the entire country are free tomorrow and Sunday.
.
In my class (you remember that Kevin and I are in different classes) our teacher told us of a beautiful village called Annecy where there is a very old castle that is now a museum. She said that Annecy is the most beautiful village in this region. I couldn't wait to tell Kevin about Annecy and the castle!
.
Little did I know that Kevin's teacher, Anne Marie, was telling her class about another town called Chambery. She even mentioned a temporary train exhibition that is displaying 72 (yes, 72) train cars both old and new. Well, I think you know where this story is going.
.
This afternoon Kevin proclaimed that we will go to Chambery tomorrow for this once in a lifetime (thank goodness) event! To add to his excitement, it's going to be free to get in! He says that it's better to go to Chambery tomorrow because the train display is temporary and the castle/museum in Annecy is permanent and we can go another weekend. I can't argue with that logic, now can I?
.
So, for all you train lovers out there, who also happen to read my blog (yeah, right) check back soon as I'm sure there will be train pictures to share! I must admit that I like trains too and that I am looking forward to going tomorrow - trains sure beat spending your whole day at the NRA museum. Been there, done that.
.
Just so you'd have some pictures to look at, I have posted a photo of our local Aldi marche sign - only about a 15 minute walk from our apartment and they have cheap baguettes! The other pictures include a beautiful balcony that we pass on our way to and from the store, our street sign - so you know where we live and a picture of Kevin dressed up like a burrito. It is cold here at night and instead of getting under the covers to read he lays on top of the comforter and wraps himself up, burrito style. There are some things about burrito boy that I may never understand - but I sure do love him! :)
.
Well, I'd better run. I need to charge the batteries for the camera so I can be sure to get all those train pictures tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment