A few weeks ago we walked to a waterfall in Ghana. Let me phrase that differently….we drove to the Ghana border and then walked to a waterfall just over the border. Yes, I have lost a few pounds but I am no where near ready to walk to Ghana.
.
It was beautiful! We walked through the village and made it to the little tourist building where we had to stop and pay a fee to walk back to the waterfall. They charged us about 2 dollars each I guess. I had my camera with me (never leave home without it) and there was an extra fee for taking pictures! I had to pay a camera fee of about 4 dollars! I think I got ripped off but I can’t be sure so I’ll let it go…
.
Anyway, after walking for about an hour we made it to the waterfall. I looked up at the mountainside and could see something but wasn’t sure what it was so I asked our “tour guide.”
.
Side note: Keep in mind that I am using the term “tour guide” loosely in this case – and yes, we had to pay him too. Tour guide in this situation means, “Guy that insists on going with you and walks about 200 yards ahead of you at all times and then wants money at the end.”
Anyway, I asked our tour guide what was all over the side of the mountain and he said “fruit bats.” Way to earn your money, buddy.
.
Oh my word, there must have been thousands and thousands of them. Gross really. The zoom on my camera wasn’t good enough to get any pictures of them and I was not about to go any closer – you’ll just have to take my word for it this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment