A couple of weeks ago a 40ft. container arrived on the compound around 8 in the morning. This was the first container to arrive since we have been here and silly me, I was a little excited. I thought it would be fun! I think I have added "container unloading" to my list of Things That Sound Like Fun But Really Aren't. You know, like working part time at McDonald's. That sounded like fun but after a week at the fry pit....well, you get the point.
.
Anyway, people started slinging things off that container like they were in a race or something and I was the one holding the packing list tyring to check the numbers on each box against my list, etc. I'm not certain that everything got checked off but no one has complained yet about not getting something that was supposed to be on the container so I guess we did okay.
.
Now, about the load on those trucks.... I'm almost sure that we met all of the Togolese safety guidelines....
.
1. Driver must wear seat belt unless he doesn't feel like it
2. Man walking behind the truck to hold things on does not have to wear a seat belt
3. Driver may not go faster than the man walking behind the truck is able go
4. Load cannot exceed 4 times the height of the original vehicle
5. Live animals must be tied down properly unless you don't have any rope
.
Yep. Looks like we followed all of the rules.
1 comment:
Excellent! Seems like fun to me. ;)
Pray... tomorrow's the big expo. Need one bride, want 6, would be thrilled with 12. :)
Post a Comment