Monday, September 8, 2008

snake skinning



First, let me apologize to those of you who are easily grossed out. Secondly, let me just tell you that these are by far NOT the worst pictures we have of this momentous occasion in Kevin’s life. I have certainly spared you the gross pictures of this event.
.
Now, on with my story. A Togolese man killed this snake and then sold it to Kevin for the great low price of 2,000 cfa (about $4). He came home from work that day very excited and just when I was preparing myself for the good news that he had bought me a new pair of flip flops or something he said, “I bought a puff adder and we’re gonna skin it tonight!”
.
Well, I don’t have to explain to you the pure joy that filled my soul at that moment. Just what I wanted to do! Gut and skin a poisonous snake! I’m sure I replied with something like, “Wow, we sure are perfect for one another. You skin the snake and I’ll document every action packed moment on film for our grandchildren.” And then I think we kissed.
.
Okay, so maybe that’s not exactly how it happened but I did take pictures and video for him.

No comments: