Monday, May 5, 2008

going to the dentist

Well, I'll be heading back to Lome on Thursday of this week. Usually if I go to Lome it is because I am being forced to go there against my will. This time is a little different....I actually requested to go because I need to go to the dentist!

I am a big baby (and I'm not afraid to admit it) when it comes to going to the dentist in the US. Come to find out I'm an even bigger baby when it comes to going to the dentist in Togo, West Africa! But it seems I have no choice. My tooth broke the other day for no good reason at all. It is so sharp where it broke that it is cutting my tongue when I talk!

Now, you'd think that would keep me from talking but you are wrong. I keep talking and just have a very sore tongue!

I hear the dentist I am going to see is "very good" and "very cheap." My mother always taught me that you get what you pay for so I am not too excited about the "very cheap" part. My question is why is he so cheap? Does he skip the numbing part to save money? Does he skip hand washing to save water? I guess I'll know soon enough.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe he'll let me take some pictures so I can post them. That might be stretching it a bit but it can't hurt to try.

1 comment:

~Babychaser~ said...

So sorry you have to do that... I hope he is better than any dentist you've ever seen!

In the mean time though... I've "tagged" you to do this share a bit about yourself 4 things at a time sort of thing. Check the "4 things" post on my blog and share all those 4 things with us on yours. You don't have to tag anyone when you're done... I just tagged you because... well... I must not like you as much as I thought. :) Oh... or maybe it's cause you're my only friend... yeah, that's right... my only friend... and you moved really far away! Oh, sorry... I digress. :)