After watching the 2 minute parade we went back to the hospital compound for a while. At 12:30pm we went back into Adeta for the May Day lunch. Little did we know that there would be another parade! More people had gathered and they marched once again representing their company or particular trade.
.
The cassava growers marched through carrying cassava (yams) on their heads, the corn growers marched through throwing corn at people, the folks that worked at the bank marched through waving money around, the seamstresses marched through all wearing matching outfits that they had made, the bartenders marched through drinking, the motorcycle taxi drivers drove their motos through and the taxi drivers drove through with their cars and vans overloaded with people (so it would be realistic I suppose).
.
I had to laugh as I watched in amazement the taxis driving through with people laying on the hood of the car, hanging out the windows, sitting in the trunk, etc. One car drove through with 2 guys actually sitting under the hood right on top of the engine. That could not have been a comfortable way to travel and I still can't figure out how that driver was able to see where he was going.
.
The one that takes the cake is a guy who was driving his van through a large crowd of people - hanging completely out of the driver's side window steering the van with his bare feet.
.
This won't go down as the safest parade in history but I think it is definitely in the running for the most entertaining!
1 comment:
So... who was pushing down the gas pedal on that last one???
Post a Comment