Well, I lived to tell about it. I went to the dentist yesterday morning in Lome. He doesn't speak English and I don't speak French so there was no chitter chatter, he got right to work. I sat in the big chair and before I knew it he had flipped some lever that sent me flying straight back and I was staring at the ceiling.
He put two cotton things in my mouth that nearly made me gag and then started fixing my tooth. I don't really know all that he did but I was trying to watch what instruments he was using so that I would have some clue as to what was coming next. What I was really looking for was the syringe that he would use to numb my mouth. I think getting the shot is the worst part of having your teeth worked on.
He never did numb my mouth (I guess that's where he cuts costs) but to my surprise, nothing he did was painful. He rebuilt the side of my tooth and filled it all in about 30 minutes and for $45! Now that's a deal!
But I still do not like going to the dentist.
No comments:
Post a Comment