No adventures to report yet today....it's 10:50am and I haven't left the house! Soon I'll head up to the guest house and then after lunch I have to take minutes in the bi-weekly MMC (medical missions committee) meeting. I don't mind sitting in on the meeting and taking minutes because they meet in an air conditioned conference room! They warned me when they asked me to be the MMC secretary that the meetings could sometimes run long. As long as they run the a/c they can talk all day as far as I'm concerned!
Today is once again moving day. We head back to the guest house apartment tomorrow but I need to get all of our stuff moved today. I am leaving tomorrow morning at 6am to spend the day in the capitol city of Lome. We have to do some grocery shopping for the guest house and then at 11:55am we need to pick up a couple who is coming to work here for a month. After we fetch them (I am from the south so I thought I'd should use the word 'fetch' whenever possible) we'll stop for lunch somewhere and then head back to the hospital compound.
The traffic in Lome is crazy but we always seem to make it back! Remember a few posts ago when I mentioned that it was a good thing to get back to the compound with your side view mirrors still attached? That's because some folks took the hospital van down to Lome to do some shopping and they parked the van on the street and when they got back in the van both of the side view mirrors were gone! Someone also took the metal Toyota logo off the back of the van! Apparently someone was driving around in a Geo and wished it was a Toyota so they took our logo off and put it on their Geo. I can't say that I really blame them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment