Oh my goodness, it is blazing hot here today! I haven't checked the temperature but I think it must be somewhere in the neighborhood of about 174 degrees Fahrenheit. You think I'm kidding, don't you? Okay so maybe it's not quite 174 degrees but it is definitely very hot. The sky, however, is the most brilliant blue I have seen since we have been in Togo. I should get out there and take some pictures today!
Well, we have no gas bottles left in all of Togo! So many things we use need butane gas and every gas station in Togo is completely out! In the past we have been able to go over to Ghana and buy some to hold us over but Ghana is out too! So, the next thought was to go the other direction and get gas from Benin but you guessed it.....they don't have any either! The last gas bottle is on the stove now and they say that will last another couple days.
So what are we going to do? Well, wash clothes by hand, hang them out to dry, eat sandwiches (we'll have to buy the bread in the market instead of baking it here) and take cold showers! It'll be like camping! Should be fun. Someone please tell me this will be fun.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment