Well, yesterday we decided to to go out for a little adventure (and I do mean little...). We've always heard that there are hippos in the reservoir outside of town so we thought we should go take a look for ourselves. We drove about 30 minutes in a John Deere "Gator" with Kevin as our safari guide.
.
The first thing we saw at the reservoir was a herd of cattle. I said to Kevin, "Drive closer to them so I can get a picture!" He did just as I asked and I snapped a couple of shots and then they started walking in our direction so I said, "Get me outta here!" I have to pause here and laugh at myself for a couple reasons.....1) I wanted to take pictures of COWS and 2) I was afraid of them. In my defense, they did have horns, you know.
.
The next thing we saw on our safari was a big hole. Yeah, I know, not very impressive but we're in Mango, not Kruger National Park! Just after the hole sighting we saw cow birds. I guess it makes sense that where there's a cow, there's bound to be a cow bird. You can quote me on that if you'd like.
.
Kevin got a great shot of part of a bone and some footprints (or should I say, hoof prints?). I've included the fascinating picture of the bone for your viewing pleasure. And then, there they were....the famous hippos! And on this particular day they were way too far out in the lake for us to be able to see very well! Kevin did take a picture (bottom right) but I'm afraid you'll have to add some imagination to it this time.
.
And so there you have it. Our grand safari. At least it was free!
No comments:
Post a Comment