Wednesday, February 23, 2011

fun with african animals...


This past weekend the Mango team drove a couple hours south to a town called Kara. We went to a game park called Djamde Reserve. Our guide told us that the reserve was about 1200 acres (actually he told us in "hectares" and I had to ask Kevin to translate for me...). The reserve used to be a private game park for the former president. Our guide said that the former president would go there and "hunt."

We saw several different types of animals including wildebeest...


This thing that I don't know the name of...


This monkey...


This dancing ostrich.....which, by the way, lays eggs the size of Nebraska.....


This tortoise....who (we were told) can live for 300 years.....too bad I won't be around to verify that fact....


And this horse with stripes! :) Okay, it's a zebra and we saw about 15 of them! They were beautiful!

1 comment: