Kevin came home a little while ago and was calling for me from the porch (which he normally doesn't do) and I was in the back of the house. At first I couldn't tell what he was saying but as I approached the front door, thinking maybe he just wanted me to let him in or something, he said again, "Call Stephen, there's a snake on the front door!" ON the door?? Needless to say I did not open the door to see for myself but called Stephen and then grabbed the camera (I am going to win the "Tourist of the Year" award for sure) and then headed out the back door to see the snake.
.
As I came around the front of the house I could see Kevin standing on the front porch watching the snake to make sure it didn't go under the door and into the house. By the time I saw it, it was no longer on the front door but on the ground beside the door. Kevin said when he got there it was half way up the door by the screen door handle.
.
Stephen and his brother Nate were there in a matter of moments and one of the gardeners also came to assist in the snake removal. Stephen is our resident snake expert but even he couldn't tell what type of snake it was right away. When we were all just standing around observing it, it was a bright green color. When they started poking it with a stick it turned much darker, even black in places. Come to think of it, I might even change colors if someone started poking me with a stick.
.
Anyway, he said he wanted to catch it in some sort of container so he could take it home and figure out what it was but the way it changed colors made him think that it might be a "boomslang" snake. All I was thinking was, "I don't care if it's a boomslang or a boomerang or a boomblang, just get it off my front porch!"
.
So, they captured it in a Tupperware container (thank you Tupperware for making containers with lids that stay on tight) and took it with them.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment