Have you ever wanted a pet snake? Me either. But if you know someone who has always wanted one, get them on the next plane to Togo because we have some to spare. This is a ball python that was killed today at the back of the compound near the airstrip.
.
I thought they said it was a "bald python" which would make plenty of sense because it doesn't have any hair but when I questioned if it was in the same family as the bald eagle I was politely informed that it was, in fact, a "ball python."
.
I think bald python sounds better but since the professional snake people have already named it I guess I won't argue. By the way, it is called a ball python because when it is in danger it rolls up into a ball. Clever.
.
.
Well, that's all the excitement we've had around here all day so I'll close. Actually, we got the backhoe and the tractor stuck in the mud this afternoon. I was on the tractor and Kevin was on the backhoe. For the record, he got stuck first and then had to pull me through the mud. Two days ago I did much worse though....I was on the tractor mowing the back half of the compound and just as I was about to finish I got the tractor stuck and instead of stopping and going to get Kevin I thought I could get it out myself.
.
I backed up and then went forward again and then backed up again and then slid to the side and then went forward and then backed up again and came within about 4 inches of ramming into a big tree and then I decided to go and get Kevin. You should see the mess I made. He drove the backhoe over to pull me out but first he just stood there for a minute shaking his head.
.
Anyway, that's what's been going on around here! Hope you had a good day too!
.
And by the way, for any of you who were wondering....I am fully aware of the fact that eagles and pythons are not in the same family. :)
1 comment:
I finally found your website and what do I see first thing but my "little brother" Kevin who appears to be trying to eat a snake. Had he gotten hurt that day?
I enjoyed the bog and will try to catch up with what I have missed. I have e-mailed you not too long ago, but with your internet, snake, travel, power outages, machinery, and ant problems you have been very busy. I hope to hear from you soon.
love,
cindy
Post a Comment